Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall/Winter 2014 Top Trend: Shearling Coats

Whoa... it's been a while since my last post. Time flies when you're having fun, right?

Anyway, let's get right down to business. As I step out my door I can't deny the chill of Fall air around me. I tried to hold on to summer for as long as possible, but it's time to come to the realization that it's getting colder and the days are getting darker. Once I get past mourning summertime I actually kind of like the idea of Fall. It symbolizes the holiday season, and the beginning of a whole new set of trends.

I thought a lot about which 1 trend will be big during Fall/Winter and realized I probably have an unpopular opinion about this, but hear me out... Shearling. I know right now everyone is buzzing about leather jackets, ponchos, and menswear inspired shoes, but I think the real shining star will be Shearling (and I don't mean Uggs). Not only is it incredibly soft, but it's also cozy and very warm.

Here is the disclaimer though: I don't advocate the use of actual shearling. I will only wear faux shearling and faux leather. Everyone has a different view on this, and I get that, but for me the way that most Shearling and leather is extracted is incredibly inhumane. However, lucky for all of us there are so many more options on the market now for shearling that faux versions are JUST as fashionable and actually make it way more affordable. Which is a win/win if you ask me.

Shearling coats and vests are incredibly cute and easy to pair with almost anything because they come in neutral colors. I'm seeing shearing lined boots, moccasins, and even handbags. Lots of super stylish pieces. The main highlight this season though I believe will be the Shearling coats (or faux in this case). In my opinion they are gorgeous and if you can get your hands on one your body will appreciate it during wintertime.

So without further adou, here are my top picks. I have some options in all different price points, so make sure to check them all out. 

1. Glamorous: Faux Shearling Jacket: ($198) Hellllllo gorgeous. No one will be able to tell that this isnt the real deal, and I feel cozy just looking at this beauty.


2. Gallery: Hooded Long Faux Shearling Coat: ($199) Right now this coat is on sale so grab it while you can! If you want something longer and more for braving winter storms then this is the winner. This coat is luxurious and a fraction of the price tag of most long Shearling coats (which are upwards of $3000).



3. Ralph Lauren Faux Shearling Moto Jacket: ($165) This is a combination of a faux leather biker jacket and shearling, so it combines both trends in one beautiful harmony.



4. Annabeth - Faux Sherpa Jacket: ($268) I am obsessed with this jacket because it drapes like a shawl coat and can we just look at how amazingly warm it looks?


5. Chicwish - Drape Coat in Camel: ($76) This coat is on sale right now at an amazing price point. This is a drape style coat like the one above but much more afforadable on a budget. This also comes in all black on the same site.








6. Skies are Blue - Shearling Sweater Jacket: ($85) On sale at Piperlime right now. Another drape style jacket that has a cool moto feet.





7. Billabong - Somewhere Far Sherpa Jacket ($110) Can you tell yet that I love draped coats? I love the edgy mixed with softness, and these each fit a different look that you might be going for.


8. Oasis - Cassie faux Shearling Drape Coat: ($130) This coat is hands down my favorite from all the bunch when it comes to mixing style with comfort. It's not too bulky but can be paired with skinnies and boots for a look that is incredibly polished.







Now I'm off to hide my credit card before I buy these all myself!

xoxo,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment