Sunday, April 29, 2012

THE "it" ring for Spring

I still remember 2 years ago when I got my first "floating ring" which was essentially a 3 finger ring that was shaped so it looked like diamonds were floating between my fingers. I wore it to work and 3 of my male clients joked with me about what kind of crazy contraption I was wearing and if I was going to wear it to a bar fight. All jokes aside, I'm well aware it looked a little strange but I was mesmerized by how unique and beautiful it was. Later that year, Erica Anenburg came on the scene with the 2 finger rings, which I equally adored, and even later on places like Forever 21 picked up on the trend.

Where do you go from there? Once you have a 1 finger ring, then 2 and 3 finger rings, what else can you create? Well, my friends, YSL has come through to design what I believe is the most coveted ring for Spring/Summer. In fact they were so sure of its popularity that they wasted no time, and already introduced this same ring in their Fall 2012 line (no time to procrastinate). They are pioneers in this trend, and I suspect there to be MANY copy-cats to follow in the style.

So what exactly am I blabbering about anyways? Why of course, its the YSL Arty ring. The true beauty of this ring is it looks like its on upside down, but it's really not. The big stone highlight piece is made purposely to be worn so it sits on your knuckle. Where regular rings direct the attention to your finger, this directs the attention to your knuckle. Weird? I say genius. At about $250 a pop, these don't run cheap, but that price tag is nothing compared to its unique quality and statement. They could easily charge double or triple and have just as many sales.

Okay, enough of me talking, I'll let the rings do the talking for themselves. Feast your eyes on these beauties.





xoxo,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment