Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Trend Alert: Silk Head Scarves

Finally a trend that looks best with short/medium hair, which is great if you're like me and don't like super long locks. I have always been that OCD person who has to have the hair out of my face. I don't do side hair parts where I have to constantly brush the hair out of my eyes and I most certainly do not do bangs. I would probably go crazy. Thats why I am always on the lookout to get my hair up and out of my face, usually if I have a busy day of errands or especially if I am laying out or by the pool. Pulling your hair in a pony tail isn't always successful because the smaller layers end up falling down etc. And headbands are my least favorite thing ever because 2 hours after wearing them I get a headache from it pressing against my head behind my ears... ouch.

I used to feel like a total grandma for wearing silk head scarves, but thankfully the latest trends have been all about going back in the era's and these scarves are making a comeback from the 50's. They leave you feeling cool, but also are super cute. It looks great on shorter/medium cuts because if you tie the scarf so it hangs out from under your hair it is oh so chic!

Wanna know the best part? You can wear the same silk scarf about 10 different ways. It's really up to your personal style preference. I love to wrap it on my hair when it's up in a bun, tie it like a headband with my hair half up/half down, and wearing it as a turban to shield from scalp burning. That last one is a major help because no matter what our scalp burns in the summer time, which leads to flaking. If you wear a hat it casts a shadow over your chest and face and its not always something you want. A silk scarf in a turban is awesome for covering up just what is needed but letting you get a desired tan. Perfecto.

Don't believe me? Here are a few cute examples of how to wear this piece....

P.S - On a side note I'd like to make reference that the Brit's have been doing this for a while now, so once again as usual they are the ultimate trend setters. Cher Lloyd was rocking the head scarf on Britain's X Factor back in 2010. Goes to show why they are an amazing source of fashion inspiration.



A few places to check out headscarves

xoxo,
Christina









No comments:

Post a Comment