Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My inspiration & idol... Rachel Zoe

To me, Rachel Zoe is much more then simply a fashion icon. She is my inspiration, and if I could be 1/4th as amazing as she is, my life would be complete. She styles, she designs, she runs her entire empire, and its always flawless. My whole life I knew I had I had an obsession with clothing, and not just in the materialistic sense. The way a beautifully designed piece can make me feel inside is unlike any other feeling. It's beauty to my eyes, and my soul just feels happy. Ask any artist what they feel when they see a deeply moving painting, and equate that to how I feel when I see a breathtaking collection. While in college I just knew I couldn't hide my true passion but I was always scared to take that leap in the "unconventional" route. People expect you to go to Grad school, or Law school, and certainly NOT fashion school. Watching Rachel, reading her blog, and hearing her words is what finally gave me the courage to stop thinking about what everyone else wants me to do, and doing what I love. She has always been my idol and I can't get enough of her work.

Rachel taking this jump into designing is something I have long awaited and expected. I knew it would be flawless, but when I saw just what she had created I almost had no words. Each piece was inspired by the Parisian girl, just lost in the Paris streets. It's old Hollywood, it's chic, glamorous, and it's completely heavenly. Her debut at fashion week gave me chills to watch, and I want to share with you this beautiful line. Style.com has all the coverage for anyone who wants to re-watch the show itself, but here are the highlights below.














xoxo,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment